Why One Dress?

Many of the girls who are trafficked only have One Dress.
We are wearing One Dress to remind us each day that wearing only One Dress is reality for these girls.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

People Need to be Educated

Today I stumbled upon a blog that had been posted on the AJC.

"Here’s your sign: Pimp’s van a clue for cops


A man stupid enough to emblazon “Ho Hauler” on his pimp van pleaded guilty to the sex trafficking of children in federal court Wednesday. Fox 6 in Milwaukee reports 37-year-old Sean Patrick recruited and transported girls under the age of 18 for acts of prostitution. He transported the teens in a gold 1992 Chevrolet conversion van with the offensive words inscribed on the front quarter panel, according to court documents. Prosecutors say Patrick punished his victims by choking them, stomping them or making them stand naked in the street next to the van. Patrick, who was previously convicted of shooting and killing a man over a dispute about prostitutes, could spend the rest of his life in prison. As part of a plea agreement he agreed to give up $10,000 in profits and the van."

The comments at the end of the article caught my eye and deeply saddened me.

"Pimp van! I’ve found my last minute halloween costume."
"WHAT? I reported this van stolen three weeks ago. If anyone should get the profits, I should."

I don't understand how people can make jokes about an article on child sex trafficking. And why would a person even want to jokingly claim a van and the profits from a van used for prostituting out minors? Sadly I think this another sign that so much education is STILL needed in today's society as far as child sex trafficking goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment